Transfer Students

The BAAS in ATPI is an excellent degree for students who have technical credits from a community college or who have earned an Associates of Applied Arts and Sciences degree in some specialization from the community college. 

Transfer students in the ATPI program:

1.  Range in age from 25 to 60+.

2.  Are working full time (64%) or part time (24%).

3. Are enrolled in the program because they want to move up to a management, supervisory or leadership position in their current position.

4. Feel that taking 100% online courses is important or very important (84%) to their completing their bachelors degree.

5. Are either a full time (63%) or part time (37%) student. 

The BAAS in ATPI is a flexible degree program that is designed to meet the unique needs of adults wanting to complete their 4-year degree without losing credits from their community college experiences.  

The BAAS degree in ATPI is designed to accept your specialization credits and use them on your degree plan.  Most degree programs at UNT or at other four-year universities WILL NOT accept your specialization credits and use them toward your degree.  It is important to understand that your community college credits in your specialization will transfer but they will not be used on your degree plan.

Send your transcripts to the College of Information Advising Office at and they will work up an unofficial degree plan even before you apply to UNT!


Will My Community College Courses Transfer?

One of the most common questions students ask is... “Will my community college courses transfer to UNT?”  The more important question to ask is…. “How many of my community college courses will be used on my degree plan?”

ALL accredited courses taken at a community college will transfer to UNT.

How many of those courses will be used on your degree plan is a totally different issue.  Here is why…

The courses taken in your “major” at the community college are 1000 and 2000 level courses.  The courses you take in your major at a 4 year university, like UNT, are 3000 or 4000 level courses.  According to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, no 1000 or 2000 level course can substitute for a 3000 or 4000 level course.

What does this mean to you?  Those 1000 and 2000 level courses in your major at the community college cannot be used on a 4 year university degree plans, with one EXCEPTION. That EXCEPTION is the Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences (BAAS) in Applied Technology and Performance Improvement.   The BAAS degree at UNT will utilize the courses in your major from the community college.  We will show you!  Just send us a copy of all your transcripts, along with your resume and we will provide you with an unofficial degree plan.  You DO NOT need to apply to UNT. We will do this to show you how you can make a smooth transition to the ATPI program at UNT.

Contact the College of Information advising office or go to for more information. or call 940-565-2445