There are several ways for students to demonstrate prior learning and earn college credit for work experience, military service and/or professional training.
Several Credit for Prior Learning programs exist that provide Prior Learning Assessments. At this time UNT and particularly the B.A.A.S consider credits from the following external Prior Learning Assessments:
- Military training and experience
- Joint Service Transcript (JST) - Official academic record that contains college credit recommendations based on military experience and training.
- Community College of the Air Force (CCOAF) - A fully accredited community college for Air Force personnel.
- Business/Industry and Government training evaluated by:
- American Council on Education National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training
- National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS)
- Credit by Exam:
- DSST exams – Dantes Subject Standardized Tests by Prometric
- AP Credit
- International Baccalaureate
- Community College Prior Learning Assessment of Professional Certifications and Licenses
- Here is an example from Tarrant County Community College