Let us know you are interested in the BAAS program!
Call or email our office about your interest in our program. You do not have to be a current UNT student to explore how the B.A.A.S program can meet your needs. We are best able to answer your questions if you send us a copy of your transcripts via email or fax. (Unofficial transcripts are okay for this part of the process.) If you are already a UNT student, please schedule a “Change of Major” meeting with one of our advisors using appointments.unt.edu.
Complete UNT’s undergraduate admission process
The fastest and most efficient way to apply for admission to UNT is to complete the ApplyTexas application. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Go to ApplyTexas
- Create a profile by entering your personal information.
- Select "Create a New Four Year University Application" or update your existing ApplyTexas application. Select Continue to move to the next screen.
- Under "Target University," select University of North Texas (Denton).
- Under "Application Type," select either Freshman, U.S.; Transfer, U.S.; or Readmit, Undergraduate (if you are a returning UNT student.) Select Continue.
- Select a semester and select Continue.
- Under "Select School," click the "First Choice School" dropbox and choose New College and select Continue.
- Select the "First Choice Major" dropbox. Choose Applied Arts and Sciences (BAAS) for hybrid and online students OR Applied Arts and Sciences (BAAS)-Online for fully online students and select Continue.
- Click Continue to my Application to get your application number and to save your input.
By following these steps, UNT’s admission office will automatically consider all of the credits on your transcripts, including all the technical and occupationally-specific credits that other degree programs often do not accept. This is important because the number of accepted credits impacts your classification, your overall GPA, and your ability to qualify for transfer scholarships. Additional information about other requirements, fees, and important deadlines is available at UNT Admissions and at UNT Transfer.
Schedule a UNT orientation session
Once you have been accepted into UNT, you need to schedule an orientation session. During orientation, students choose which courses they will take their first semester, learn about UNT’s online registration system, and meet individually with an advisor to discuss their degree plan. You should bring your transcripts to orientation along with your admission packet. More information, including orientation dates, may be found at UNT Orientation. We strongly recommend completing orientation in person either on the Denton Main Campus or at the New College Hall Park at Frisco location.
If you plan to complete your B.A.A.S. degree completely online, you will complete your orientation online. You will still need to schedule a separate advising meeting as part of online orientation